Monday, September 28, 2009

Might As Well Face It Monday (on the proper day)

The other day, while I was at Target, there was a woman on her cell phone. I heard her talking when I first walked in, and her conversation didn't sound very pleasant. She was griping...A LOT!

So anyway, I just took notice of that, and thought, "Hmmm...she doesn't sound like she's having a very good day."

Then about 15 minutes later, while I was rejoicing in the hair product aisle (see previous post) she came walking by, STILL on her cell phone, and STILL griping.

For a moment, I started to get sad because her griping was disturbing my exciting time that I was having shopping for hair products. And just as I started to think badly of her for her incessant compaining, I thought, "you know, I don't know what she has on her plate. I don't know what's going on in her life, and besides that, I've sounded like that on many occassions."

Then I thought, "might as well face it, I'm not going to be happy as long as I'm griping."

Have you ever thought about that? Often times it's our griping over situations that makes us almost more unhappy than the situation itself.

I don't think it's always healthy to just hold frustrations in. But there are certain situations that we've voiced our opinion about again, and again, and again. And we simply need to stop. Look for the positive, or in other words, count our blessings.

"Do everything without complaining or arguing" Philippians 2:14

Why?

"So that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe." Philippians 2:15

The Message says that when we do things readily and cheerfully without bickering it is like a breath of fresh air in this polluted society.

Lord, help me not to pollute the air with negativity, but to be a breath of fresh air.

2 comments :

JenniferLayne said...

might as well face it...ick, i hate that this convicted me. :)

Unknown said...

gotta love the things you learn in target :)
thank you for reminding me - i tend to forget this a lot.