Tuesday, August 28, 2007

The Big FOUR-OHHHHH MY!

Well, I'm another year older now. Today I celebrated the BIG one. The Big 4-0h. Yikes!

It was a good day. It started out great as each of our kids surprisingly remembered to wish me a happy birthday.

Then, we all piled in the car, and as we were exiting the subdivision, we noticed that someone had put up a REALLY pretty sign wishing me a happy birthday! What a nice surprise, and one that made me feel extra special. (I have no idea who did that, so if you're reading this, thank you very much!!)

THEN, I walked into work to find a gift on my desk from my friend Amy Ladd...another great surprise!

Today was also the "Day of Caring" at WTHI. A day set aside for the employees of WTHI to give back to the community. So, today was a very light hearted day as the staff worked around Terre Haute painting over graffiti.

Tonight I got an IPOD from Denny and the kids, and some nice gifts from my mom and in-laws, and my Mama made me dinner complete with cake and homemade ice cream!

9 comments :

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry I missed your birthday. It sounds like it was a good one, even without me! Since I'm late, I'll make your wish extra loud...HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MISSY!

Anonymous said...

happy happy happy bithday,
happy happy happy bithday,
happy happy happy bithday,
to you to you to you ....... OLE'!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy "I'm Glad You Were Born" Day!
Look around you and see how much the world would have missed if you hadn't been born. Isn't it amazing?!! You are an incredible display of the glory of God. Yea, God!!!
- Mollie

Gretchen said...

Happy Birthday! I was thinking it was today the 29th. Sorry! I do have a card for you. I was asking Tim and Jen when they were here if they knew, but they couldn't remember for sure either. So glad it was a great day for you. And Chris is making me hungry for Chi Chi's. I haven't eaten there in years. ;)

Paula said...

Your friends appear to be much nicer in their greetings than David's, Lisa's and Bob's friends. Their birthday celebrations involved LOTS of toilet paper (in the trees), billybob teeth, candles, balloons (black), goofy-dorky friends, and large 'interesting' signs strategically placed around the neighborhood. Of course, they were all turning 50 - maybe that's the difference...... a BIG difference I might add.

Anyway - HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY! I'm only sorry that I didn't know sooner!

Sara Boyer said...

WooHoo! Welcome to the 40 Club! Happy Birthday! I have a feeling it's going to be an awesome decade!! (And beyond!)

LAUREN at Faith Fuel said...

Happy Birthday!!!
(the forties are fabulous..for fortifying our faith!)

Kathy said...

Milbourn, I am utterly ashamed that I not only missed your birthday, but also that it's a full two days later and I'm just finding out about it. I didn't realize I was so far behind on my blog reading! HAPPY BELATED! Forty is a very significant number in the Bible...hmmmm.... ;-)

Anonymous said...

First, let me say "Happy Birthday". I also want you to know 40 isn't so bad. I have heard it's the new 20!! Hey, I think we should have had a party to celebrate!! What's wrong with you Denny??