Saturday, August 30, 2008

Two Questions

Here are two very random questions that are floating around in my brain today...

1. Is it correct to call Barack Obama an "African American" when his Mama was white?

2. How does dirt get in the silverware tray when all you put in there is clean silverware? (that one has always puzzled me.)

Do any of you have any wisdom on either of these two questions? I would love to hear your thoughts.

7 comments :

Judy said...

Yes Melissa, Barack is African America as is anyone who has one parent who is African American.

Melissa Milbourn said...

Thanks for your comment J Dearing. I believe you are indeed correct. I googled it this morning, and got the same answer that you gave.

Wendy Pope said...

No thoughts just answers.

1. No.
2. I don't know but would love to know.

Very helpful, I'm sure.

WP

Anonymous said...

Here's my deep thoughts!!

? 1. Kenya is in Africa, Kansas is in America - I guess that makes it "African American"

? 2. Dirty fingers. Think of that one next time you eat your cereal!!

Joanie Butler said...

1 - Not sure, but I defer to google and J Dearing.

2 - I'm convinced it comes from living with the male of our species. It seems to me that dirt just seems to really like to stick to them, and that they have no idea that they are bringing it with them into the house. I can prove my theory by the greasy hand prints that are always magically appearing on my refrigerator handle.

Oh, and thanks Reba for the reminder about the cerael spoons!

Kathy said...

Great questions for the sages. Sounds like you've got the answer to #1. For #2, it's not just dirt, but the CRUMBS that baffle me. I think the kids are bypassing bowls and plates and are just eating over the drawer behind my back!

Renee Swope said...

I thought we were the only ones with crumbs in our silverware tray. Oh, thank you for exposing this truth, and for letting me know that I am not alone!

Love you!
Renee