Monday, February 12, 2007

Achy and Ugly

At work today, there was one common phrase that I heard more than any other...I hope you're not offended by my language, but the phrase most spoken to me today was this..."Whoa, you look like crap today..." That's what most of my co-workers said. However, when my boss, Jim, saw me, he literally stepped back, and said this, "wow, some people look bad when they're sick, and then some people look bad." It's a good thing I'm not easily offended! :-)

I've been sick since Friday. Denny and I both have. We've got really bad colds. Saturday, I was so achy that I could barely stand up straight. I felt better Sunday morning, so I went to church, but of course I struggled singing. (no comments please, like "how's that different than normal?"). Anyway, thank God for Sherri and Amanda who did a great job of covering me.

Because I have a cold I haven't slept very well. I've been up a couple of hours each night. When I wake up, I watch TV. I've learned alot about Anna Nicole Smith. :-) If any of you have questions regarding her life, I'm pretty sure I can answer them. :-)

The good news about being sick is, I'd been looking for a good excuse to just lay around the house, and that's pretty much what I did ALL weekend excluding church.

All that to say, all prayers for a speedy recovery would be appreciated!

2 comments :

Jen K said...

Ok girlfriend...I'm on it with the get well prayers because I just got over that awful virus & walking pneumonia myself! I FEEL YOUR PAIN. Look on the bright side...at least you don't have a HIDEOUS BOIL on your whole upper lip - LOL =) Hang in there ~

Kathy said...

You know what struck me when I read this? Was that your "Achy and Ugly" came after your "Blessed." And I think that struck me because I've noticed repeatedly in the last year or two that cycle: mountain top, valley, slow climb up the mountain top, when the peak is reached, look out for the valley. I'm not saying that's necessarily what happened with you, but the title order just triggered that thought for me. Made me think about going to that women's conference in Robinson and being blessed by a stranger's confirmation, and then not 24 hours later being in the ER with appendicitis! It also makes me think of our good buddy Karen's revealing take on Psalm 23: that God sometimes MAKETH us to lie down in green pastures because we don't MAKETH ourselves...Praise him for the chance to lay around and not feel guilty, Amen? I'm glad you're on the upswing, Baby.