Friday, September 21, 2007

Recap

Wow! The Autumn Fest was AWESOME!!! But I was not! I had looked forward to that weekend for a long time and all in all it was great. My only problem was, I was a zombie. I had not slept all week leading up to it. Friday night, I slept from midnight to 4am. and by Saturday morning, I felt like I could barely even form a sensible sentence. Kinda makes it hard when you're the emcee. I don't think I've ever been so tired...it was FUN but I was tired.

This was also the weekend that Christy Sutherland gave the praise team some vocal coaching. That too was awesome. We were all so impressed with Matt and Christy's Christ like attitudes as they ministered among us.

Anyway, I have spent the entire week just trying to chill out and rest, and process various things that God has going on in my life right now. More on that later.

Oh yeah, the other thing I've done this week is eat...ALOT, like a pig. All the things I wouldn't normally eat. Ice cream, qtr pounders with cheese. Major fattening stuff. Last week I had fasted through several meals, I felt compelled to do so. But this week, I've made up for it. In fact, I'm leaving now to go out to dinner! My plan is to start eating normal again tomorrow :-)

2 comments :

LAUREN at Faith Fuel said...

I often have sleep problems if I'm trying to process what's going on in my life (or what IS God doing?). But last night my lack of sleep was due to a DECAF mocha latte ("are you sure the chocolate won't bother you?" the gal had asked me. "I'm sure, " I told her. I didn't realize chocolate was so as caffeinated as coffee!) and a piece of chocolate cake.
What was I thinking?!

Kathy said...

Maybe God deprived you of sleep and kept you busy because if you'd been well-rested and had time to think, you'd have been all googly-eyed at spending time with your role model's son! :-P