Where were you during the blizzard of '78? I was in the 5th grade (I think), and if I recall correctly, my cousins, Teresa and Michele were staying with us because their Mama was in the hospital, with a disease that the doctors could not diagnose. However, the GREAT physician, God, healed her, and she, and her story ended up on the 700 Club (true story, I just can't remember all of the details because I was like, ten.)
I do remember building igloos with my cousins and brothers, and I also remember getting frost bite on my left thumb. Anyway, if you need help recalling this event, click on wthitv.com and watch the blizzard of '78 video under the "news on demand" category on the home page. (they'll probably only have it up a couple of days.)
4 comments :
When did the praise team get the name "Beyond Limits"?
Last Monday. I think we'd actually been talking about it every since we played at that church near St. Louis (when you were still with us).
I remember that blizzard because my brother had a basketball game in a far away town the evening that it came down hard. We made it ALMOST all the way home, but not quite. We ended up spending the night at some people's house in the town our school was in, but because we lived about six miles out in the country, we had to have some neighbors come get us the next morning on their snowmobiles! I remember thinking how exiciting and fun it was! (Funny how your perspective changes when you get older!)
Oh...My...GOODNESS!!! I just realized that it was a FULL 30 YEARS ago! Unbelievable!!! I was younger then than my girls are now!
Post a Comment