Last week I had sales training on how to negotiate. During the training, the speaker asked, "who's the best negotiator you know?" I turned to the other sales reps and said, "my five year old..."
He is amazing. I was reminded of it tonight as he was negotiating with me over how many games of Mario Kart we were going to play. The conversation went something like this...He said "five". I said, "two". He said, "how 'bout three games of Mario Kart, and then we'll play Cars". I settled on three games of Mario Kart.
I think I'm gonna send him in to buy my next car. I'm sure there's some way I can temper it so he'll work the deal for me. I'll tell him something like, "I'm sorry son, you can't play nintendo until this man agrees to sell me the car for $500 less." Then I'll turn the boy loose on him.
No comments :
Post a Comment