well, I should be getting ready for church right now, but instead, here I am on my blog.
I'm feeling so blessed this morning, and this is my outlet to share my thoughts. It started (the blessed feeling) when I reached in the cabinet and grabbed a coffee mug. I picked one that had Valentine hearts all over it, and was reminded that someone had left that on my doorstep a couple of years ago, filled with candy. I know that we weren't the only house "hit" with the valentine mug, but still...I was blessed.
Then I thought about a couple of Sunday's ago. As I walked into church I was met by my friend Stephanie. She handed me a gift. Let me explain....when I was growing up, I LOVED Barbara Mandrell. Even after Denny and I were married, we would still go see Barbara in concert about once a year. Barbara retired about 10 years ago, and when she retired she meant it. You pretty much didn't see anything out of her anymore. Well, this fall, her peers did a tribute album to her, so there were many shows, probably about five hours worth, that Barbara was on this fall. I had mentioned to Stephanie that I had tried to tape those, and failed. Well, the gift Steph gave me was a DVD. She sought out when those shows were gonna be replayed, and she recorded them for me. I almost cried when she gave me the DVD, not because it was of Barbara....but because of the loving kindness that Steph showed in doing that for me. She had made both a jewel case label and CD label that had pictures of Barbara on it...I've designed CD labels before, and it takes time, and Steph's looked SO professionally done. Her loving kindness touched me that morning...it still does.
Then my thoughts went to Mariann. Again, a couple of Sunday's ago, she approached me after church. She said something to the effect of, "I'm supposed to ask you how I can pray for you." I gave her kind of a questioning look, and she said, "during 3rd service, I was in the prayer room, and God kept bringing you up, so how can I pray for you..." This time, I did start crying, because there was something weighing very heavy on me, and I INDEED needed someone to come alongside a pray for me. It meant so much to me that God knew my struggle, and had sent Mariann to assist. I thanked her for her obedience in approaching me. Today as I type this, I'm still thankful for her obedience.
If I were to write all the ways I've been blessed in the past two weeks, this blog would go on forever. So, I'm going to get ready for church now...Thanks, friends, for being Jesus to me, and thanks Father for blessing me through your people.
1 comment :
I love this post...it brings up all of these happy feelings and memories inside of me...reminding me, too, how VERY BLESSED that I am! There is just nothing like that feeling you get when you realize that someone has thought of you and gone out of their way for YOU =) Thanks for reminding me to appreciate all of those times! ~ Jen K.
Post a Comment