Saturday, April 14, 2007

Country Girl

Our daughter LOVES country music...if you're someone who's known me for a while, you will know that I LOVE that!! It makes me proud! Even though our praise team doesn't do country music, it's probably my first musical love. I've always liked the fact that the people are real...especially the "old time" country music singers. Yeah, I know all the jokes, "you know what you get when you play a country music song backwards? ya get your house back, your wife back, your truck back...yadayadayada".

One of the groups that Maren and I are excited about is "Emerson Drive". If you haven't heard them yet, they're worth a listen. If you click here it will take you to their website, and in the upper left corner you can listen to their current hit single titled "moments". I've actually only heard two of their songs, but I really like both of them.

We were in Nashville last weekend for Easter, and that particular group was at the Opry along with alot of other great talent...we strongly considered going, but it was going to cost approximately $200 for all of us to go, so we opted out, and watched it "live" on GAC.

By the way, while we were in Nashville I would swear that I ran into Mindy Haws coming out of the bathroom at a movie theatre. We passed each other SOOO quickly that by the time my brain processed the "hey, I think that was Mindy" thought, she was long gone! For those of you who know Mindy, but may have lost track of her, you can find out about her here. She's almost as successful as I am...ra ha ha. Check out her website, and you'll see why I'm laughing about that. And for those of you who have NO idea who I'm talking about...Mindy is someone we grew up with.

Easter Sunday we attended services at Two Rivers Baptist Church in Nashville. That was awesome. Since I'm up front every Sunday, it was nice to just go and attend. The worship was kind of like a rock concert...complete with fog and lots of lights.

However, there's no place like home, and since I've been gone two Sundays, I'm really looking forward to tomorrow's services...

No comments :