Okay, Denny begged me to watch this Shaun Groves video last night, but at the time, I wasn't in the mood to be on or around a computer. So today, I checked it out, and I laughed and laughed. Especially because what he's talking about I can relate to...not from living life as a full time musician, but from living life as a full time ad rep. Believe me when I say that we are very busy NOW, but that's not how it's always been. For instance, let me tell you about my first day as an advertising salesperson...
They sent me out with an experienced rep so that she could show me how to make sales calls. We left the office at approximately 9:30am. We immediately went to her apartment, where she had a bunny rabbit that her husband was making her get rid of. So there I am 20 years old and thinking, "what are we doing?" Anyway, I watched her cry, yes cry, as we returned the bunny rabbit to the humane shelter. By the time all of that was over it was probably 11 o'clock. We then met Tom McClanahan, who was in sales at the time, and a couple of other sales reps for lunch. I don't think we left the restaurant until about 1:30P...I know we were there a good two hours. Then we went to the mall, and then we MAY have made one sales call, and we returned to the office at about 3pm. I remember coming home that evening and telling Denny, "I think I'm gonna like this job!"
Anyway, here's Contemporary Christian singer Shaun Groves to explain how hard life as a full time musician is...
1 comment :
That was hilarious!
Post a Comment