Thursday, April 24, 2008

Update on Will Milbourn

As most of you already know, Will, our oldest boy, broke his leg while trying to be Tony Hawk on the skateboard. Actually, he wasn't really doing anything silly at all, he just stepped off of it wrong...really wrong.

He broke two bones. The tibia and fibula. Last Thursday the Doctor did a closed reduction (I think that's what it's called) surgery. which means they attempted to manipulate the bones back into place without making an incision.

Today, he went back for a check up, and unfortunately things had not stayed properly aligned, so tomorrow he goes back in for more surgery. This time, they'll put a plate and screws in.

Thus far, his pain has not been too severe, thankfully. And his attitude has been absolutely AMAZING! He has handled this like a real champ. My biggest challenge with him right now is getting him to understand how important it is that he keeps up with his school work!!

Anyway, I know many have prayed for him/us, and we greatly appreciate that, and ask that you will continue to pray. Thanks!!

1 comment :

Paula said...

Missy - I know your pain with the homework situation. This is something we struggled with Nathan through nearly all of his entire high school 'career'. Unfortunately, he never really did 'get it' and so I'll be praying that something shakes Will into an understanding of how important it is to get it done - AND turn it in. He sounds SO much like Nate - WAY too easy going, loads of fun to be around, funny, witty, easy going...... I mentioned that already! But could care less about school. Prayin' for ya Honey!!!