Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Saying Goodbye to Dottie...

Sunday night I had an e-mail from my Aunt that gave me some sad news...Dottie Rambo had passed away. I was very glad that she had informed me, but it sent me immediately down "memory lane" as I went on to You Tube and watched old Dottie Rambo videos.

Dottie had written over 2,000 songs. Two of her hits were "We Shall Behold Him" made popular by Sandi Patty, and "I Go To the Rock". I was first introduced to Dottie's music when Barbara Mandrell recorded one of Dottie's songs on her Gospel Album back in the 80's. I would have loved to have met her...click here to read more on Dottie. Below is Dottie and Barbara singing...



1 comment :

Kathy said...

I confess I'd never heard of her before, but it was neat to go back in time and see Barbara sing. Dottie reminds me a little of Dixie Carter (remember her from Designing Women?).