Sunday, June 7, 2009

In the Prayer Room

Many times prior to church on Sunday's I go into the "prayer room". I can't tell you how many times God meets me there. I can't tell you how many times I literally walk in the door, and feel His presence. Like, what's that all about? "Lord, were you just hangin' out here waiting on me to show up?!" Or is it that because it's the "prayer room" and people are continually talking to God in there, that His presence just kind of hovers there?

Anyway, I'm not sure what that's all about, I can only tell you that OFTEN times, it happens.

So, today, I went into the prayer room and, as usual, felt His presence as soon as I walked in. Paul Boyer was also in there, so we chit chatted just a little bit about some people that God has recently brought into Paul's life. Then, Mariann Schaefer came in, and added to our conversation. Paul and Mariann both are, very much, people whom I consider to be "prayer warriors". And for whatever reason, God has seemingly assigned me to Mariann. Meaning, I don't even have to tell Mariann what's going on in my life because God does. Sometimes at the height of when I'm going thru something, Mariann will e-mail and say, "what's going on?" It always cracks me up 'cause she always knows that somethings up without me ever saying anything.

Anyway, back to my story. What I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED about our time in the prayer room was that we were sitting there talking, and then just as quickly, we all started to pray. We didn't pray together this particular time, we just prayed individually. What I loved about it was the comfort level that was present. We didn't say, "okay, I'm done talking and I'm gonna pray now." Though there would have been nothing wrong had any of us said that. But we didn't have to.

As my quiet time in the prayer room began, I started by thanking God for that. For the family that He has given me at FCC. That we can be sitting in the same room and have conversation, and then not have conversation, and feel comfortable doing so. It is so good to have Christian brothers and sisters who "get it". Who know me, and I know them. Who love me, and I love them. Who pray for me, and I pray for them. This is how God's church operates, and in keeping in theme with Marybeth...it is such a "good" thing.

No comments :