I loved John's sermon on Sunday, "Become What You Believe". Many things that he said hit home with me. One thing that really hit home with me was when he talked about the two different ways we can enter a swimming pool. We can either tip toe down the steps trying to "ease" into the water, or we can just "cannonball" on in. And it's the same way when God is calling us to do something.
For the past several months, God has called me to do something, and I've been tiptoeing around it, trying to get a "feel" for the water. When John preached his message, I realized that I need to just jump in.
Due to various reasons, I hadn't had a real good quiet time this week until today. This morning I woke up and said, "word of God speak to me". I could not wait to get in the Word of God. I felt the need to be "washed" by it, by Him.
Remember, I hadn't had a good quiet time since Sunday, and I found it interesting that God picked up right where He had left off with me. He brought up the same subject, and reminded me of what He had previously said to me through John on Sunday.
This morning I read 2 Timothy 2. It starts out like this, "So, my son, throw yourself into this work for Christ." (emphasis mine). Hmmm...or as John said, "cannonball in". It's time to enter the water. It's time to throw myself into what He's been calling me to do.
That's where I'm at...how 'bout you? Is there something God keeps bringing up for you to do?
Let's go swimming...
1 comment :
I'm in! (What are we doing?)
Post a Comment