Two days ago, I had a major discussion with God about it, and I also went to GNC. I walked in, grabbed the guy by the collar, and said, "give me something to make me sleep, NOW!!". (okay, I didn't grab the guy by the collar, or say the now part)
I've never wanted to have to take a medicine to help me sleep, but I'm not opposed to natural stuff. They put me on a mult-vitamin, and gave me something called "nutra-sleep" that is made up of some herbs. Anyway, the past two nights, I have slept, and slept well. So, I don't know if the sleep came from my discussion with God, or the help from GNC. But, I'll give the glory first to God, and then to GNC, which I have now labeled "God's Nutritional Center".
I'm also thankful because we have a FREE Saturday! Yay!! The last two, we have worked our tails off. The Saturday before last, was improve your serve day at church, and we missed it because we had scheduled a gentleman to come and stretch our carpets. We had actually been waiting on this day for four years. One year after we built our house, the carpets started rolling, and we could not seem to get the builder to do anything about it, or send anyone down to restretch it. So, Flooring America, in Terre Haute is one of my clients, and he sent one of his guys out to take care of it for us. By the way, if you ever need carpet, I HIGHLY recommend Flooring America, Wayne Gore is the owner, and he is one of the nicest men I have ever met in my life. He also just recently opened a new store called Big Bob's Flooring Outlet, go to either one and they will take care of you well. Anyway, the restretch of the carpet meant that we had to move furniture out of EVERY room. So the whole family pitched in to take care of that, thanks mostly, of course, goes to Denny. He put the most work in. Here's a pic of Maren's room, before the restretch.
THEN, last Saturday, we worked on re-finishing some furniture that had been in the fire at my Mom's house. They had been told that it was ruined, and really, it was. The finish was taken off in many places, but you know what they say, "one man's trash is another man's treasure." So, Denny and I took it to see what we could do with it. Last Saturday, we scrubbed so much on this furniture that our hands were left ACHING, even into our fingers. I've never had that kind of pain in my hands before. (I'm such a wimp) Anyway, we were SO pleased with how the furniture cleaned up. It's now sitting in our dining room...YAY!
1 comment :
Yay for sleeping well! Yay for stretched carpet! And yay for the furniture--it looks really, really great!
Post a Comment