Mom, are you married to Dad?
I thought he would have known that. Will, Maren and I all chuckled at his question, and I responded with “yes Josh, your Dad and I are married.”
Then Josh said very seriously, “that means that you have to stay with him forever. You can never leave him.”
Not that I’m planning on leaving Denny, but something about hearing that from my six year old, cut right to my heart.
Here's the little man with his new Colts hat. He's pretty excited about it.
1 comment :
Isn't it funny how we sometimes take our kids for granted and think that as long as we're taking care of them, and providing for their needs, they'll be OK and not worry about things. I sometimes I have to remind myself though, that Caleb is just 9 and still a 'little boy' and needs to be reassured occasionally that all is well. He's asked many questions about what I'll do when I lose my job - which we've known was coming for several months now. I know he's worried about what we'll do (even though I'm not real worried about it yet!!) and if everything will be OK in his world.
Kids love to know that their world is secure, and knowing that Mom and Dad are secure makes everything OK.
Post a Comment