Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Proof that Kids Live Here

This week I’ve ran across several pieces of evidence that prove that kids live here. First, while cleaning out the garage, there on the shelf was a Ziploc bag of locust’s shells. Who goes out in the yard and picks up locust shells? And then saves them in a Ziploc? That was bizarre. And I wonder how many years they’ve been sitting there? Next to the locust’s shells was a turtle shell. Not sure what happened to the rest of the turtle.

Tuesday evening, I came home to tadpoles swimming in a bowl on my KITCHEN counter. So I ate ‘em. (just kidding). That was a first. I’ve never had tadpoles on my counter before.
While cleaning out my car there was a nice big piece of already been chewed gum in the inside door handle next to Josh’s seat. That was nice to put my hand in. I’m guessing that he must have shoved too much gum in and then spit it out right there.

3 comments :

Paula said...

I have a comment, but it turned into more of a story, so Iposted it on my own blog!! It's sort of yucky, but proof that I live in a houseful of boys!!

Joanie Butler said...

Thanks for the laugh today. Sometimes, I forget to enjoy the sometimes annoying things that come with motherhood. This post made me pause and once again praise God for the wonderful gift of my son.

Be blessed!

Kathy said...

You have no idea how MUCH I relate to this. I backed over a ziploc bag of wet, goopy Santa Claus melon seeds in our driveway this morning, 'cuz, ya know, ya never know when you may need those things! ;-)