Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Waking up in His Presence

This morning I woke up feeling God's presence immensely. Why is that? Why does that happen sometimes, that you just wake up and feel like He's RIGHT THERE. Is it because yesterday I finally did something that He's been asking me to do for the past four weeks? Am I living out, once again, the truth of John 14:21 "Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him."

When we obey God, the reward is more of God. He reveals Himself to us.

The song that keeps going through my brain this morning is one of my favorite worship songs EVER. In fact, it's the song that this blog was named after, "Reaching for You"... I SOOO mean these words as I say/sing them...

I can't believe the way your love has got ahold on me
each morning I wake to find you near
you lift me above my fears and set my feet on solid ground
all of my days belong to you.

and I breathe in your breath of life that fills my heart
you are my all consuming fire

and I stand here before you in wide open wonder, amazed
at the glory of you.
The power of Heaven revealing your purpose in me,
as I'm reaching for you...




2 comments :

Kathy said...

Amen! I'm sending you an email about this, hoping you'll get it.
:-)

Anonymous said...

I was singing that song a lot last week. Kinda sad when we didn't sing in last Sunday.

This morning I was stuck on "Because of Who You Are" (Wexelberg)

Because of who You are
I will lift my hands
I will lift my heart
And sing a song of love to You
Because of who You are
I offer You my life
Surrendering my all
A living sacrifice to You
Because of who You are
Ev'rything You are
Oh

I give You all the glory
I give You all the praise
I pledge to You each moment
For the length of all my days
My Rock and my Redeemer
My Savior and my Strength
Oh I will ever praise You
Yes I will ever praise You
Yes I will ever praise You Lord
Because of who You are