Seems like everywhere I went yesterday, people asked me if I was exhausted. The answer to that is "no". I'm the entertainment chairperson of the Marshall Autumn Festival, and there's alot of work that goes into that both leading up to, and during the event. For instance, I was there Thursday night for set up, Friday morning from 7am to 10pm. Saturday from 8am to 10pm, and Sunday from 8am to 4pm.
That's alot of hours, however, I'm not putting in that many more hours than the vendors who have booths there. It takes alot, from alot of people to put on a festival. The best part for me is seeing all of the people (the community) enjoy it. We have a great festival, but it's not because of us, it's because of the people who show up and have fun there.
I think one of the reasons I'm not exhausted is because I had help this year emceeing things. Thanks to Lisa B for emceeing Friday night, and Tim Sanders for emceeing Saturday night. They both did an awesome job, and were a HUGE help to me.
I think the other reason that I'm not exhausted, is because of sitting with April all weekend, knowing what she's going through, and thinking, "how can I complain". April, who is over the Autumn Fest, just recently found out that she has a tumor at the base of her brain stem. She saw four different doctors on Friday who assessed her situation. It looks like she's facing surgery. I won't go into all of the details here, but I do want to ask you for prayers for her. Prayers for comfort, prayers for healing, and whatever else the Holy Spirit may lead you to pray for.
No comments :
Post a Comment