I love this post by Shaun Groves called "Before You Forward That". Click here to read it. I especially like the last paragraph that he has typed in bold. "we as Christians should love every candidate and each other enough to learn and disseminate only that which we can be certain is true".
Love every candidate. That was the whole point that God was making with me this spring with the whole Hillary thing (if you recall that). We don't have to agree with the individuals viewpoint, but we should still love the individual...and not slander them. Learn the truth.
1 comment :
Since I can't post a comment on Shaun's blog, I'll do it here. Which is cool because it's to both of you anyway: AMEN, AMEN, and AMEN! I've gotten to the point that I just automatically delete an email if it has FW: + a politician's name. So much garbage is spread that's not even true and it concerns me that gullibility (there's a HUGE difference between blind acceptance of a claim and discerning acceptance) is so widespread. Or is it laziness? Or like Shaun said, do we just jump on the littlest thing if it serves OUR purposes? We HAVE to do our homework if we're behind something. If not willing to do the homework, don't get behind it. And don't forward it. And love. (Sorry! Got a lil longwinded there.)
Post a Comment