Saturday, February 28, 2009

Mostly What God Does is Love You

Ephesians 5

Wake Up from Your Sleep

1-2Watch what God does, and then you do it, like children who learn proper behavior from their parents. Mostly what God does is love you. Keep company with him and learn a life of love. Observe how Christ loved us. His love was not cautious but extravagant. He didn't love in order to get something from us but to give everything of himself to us. Love like that.

I want to always "love like that" Father, and I know I'm incapable of it, unless I camp out with you. Keep company with you. Learning from you. Allowing you to change my heart and love through me. I want to love not holding anything back. Not being cautious. Never trying to attain something for myself...but just the opposite, willing to give everything of myself. May "thy kingdom come" into my heart, and my mind, teaching me to always love like you love.

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

Ah yes, to become more like Christ, this is the call of every Christian. Sadly though I think too many get caught up in the cares of the world and their own problems, forgetting to fully trust in God. I think I bloged about this a bit too. Have a blessed weekend. Robin

Wendy Pope said...

Amen! I agree with that prayer sweet friend.