Saturday, February 7, 2009

Finding Him

There are times in our lives when it seems as if we are searching for God...sometimes it's before we know Him...but sometimes, it's after we know Him. At times, even after we've established a relationship with Him, it's sometimes hard to feel His presence, so we search for Him. I heard this song this week, and it touched my heart. Thought I'd share the lyrics (wish I had a way for you to listen) this song was written based upon Song of Songs 3:1-4...here are the lyrics:

When I Find Him

Have you seen my lover?
Have you seen Him here?
Walking down the streets or anywhere....
All my life I looked, For the one that my heart loved
He is all I want and all I need...

When I find Him...I will not let go of Him.
When I find Him...I will hold Him close
When I find Him...I will not let go of Him
When I find Him...I will hold Him close....
And not let go... Jesus hold me close (repeat)

I have found Him....I will not let go of Him
I have found Him...I will hold Him close
I have found Him...I will hold Him close,And not let go...
Jesus hold me close

(Jessie Rogers Goodman/Jason Rogers)© 2002 Music Missions

Thanks to my friend Dawn for giving me the Mary Alessi CD that this song was on. An interesting side note is, it was my seven year old, Joshua, who actually made me listen to this song. I hadn't heard this particular one yet. Josh LOVES this song...it moves me to hear him sing, "I have found Him, I will hold Him close and not let go...Jesus hold me close..."

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

That is beautiful! And a great reminder of our Savoirs Love for us! Be blessed! Robin